Gone are the days when the world relied on copper cables for communications. Yes, it was generally slow, allowed limited data transfer, and even looked cumbersome. But with technological advancements, we discovered the world of the internet and super-fast networking channels, all thanks to top optical fiber cable manufacturers in India! That's right; fiber optic cable is such a modern-day invention that took no time to capture network and communication channels worldwide. Here's a complete guide on what you need to know about fiber optic cables.
About fiber optical cable
Fiber optic cables, also known as optical-fiber cables, transmit data using a light signal, and the fibers are made of glass or a polymer. They differ from traditional wires, made of metal, transmitting data using an electric signal. A layer of cladding surrounds the thin plastic strands of fiber optic cables, similarly, composed of plastic or glass but with a different density than the core strand.
Types of fiber optic cables
Top optic fiber cable manufacturers in India categorize these cables mainly into two types.
- Single-mode: The core diameter of a single-mode fiber decreases to a few incoming light wavelengths. Only the primary mode can go inside the fiber because the core is too tiny. There is no other method for the light to travel longer optical routes, given the wave broadcast of the light inside the cable.
- Multimode: The core diameter of this fiber is significantly larger than the transmitted light's wavelength. Multiple modalities are transmitted simultaneously. The fiber modes are related to how light could move inside the fiber. As a result, the data reaches the fiber's end in the shortest time.
Advantages of fiber optic cable
- Fiber optic cables have a considerable speed advantage compared to other data transfer methods since information is transmitted primarily through light pulses.
- Since fiber optic cables tend to be thinner, lighter, and more durable, it allows them to endure much greater pull forces and makes them less likely to be damaged or break along long distances.
- Fiber optics don't transport an electrical signal. Thus they offer a lot more interference protection. As a result, they can send data swiftly across much greater distances without suffering from signal degradation.
- Fiber optic cables made by reliable telecommunication cable manufacturers aren't nearly as negatively impacted by bad weather, dampness, or temperature fluctuations as metal wiring can be.
- Believe it or not, an optical fiber network is healthier! The World Health Organization (WHO) asserts that since 5G wireless internet transmissions cannot pass through human skin, there is no need to be concerned about the rays. In other words, the signals or radiations remain confined in the glass cables.
Buy the best fiber optic cable from trusted manufacturers.
All in all, fiber optical cables have been a revolutionary technological advancement. We can see the change around us, from fast internet to medical imaging techniques or network communications. If you are also looking for high-quality fiber optical cables, contact trusted telecommunication cable manufacturers today. Besides fiber optic cables, many of them also offer aerial cables, micro ducts, hybrid category cables, FTTH/Drop cables, jelly-filled copper cables, and more.